Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Favorite Author Study for Winter: A Jan Brett Unit

My all time favorite children's author is Jan Brett, so naturally it is my also my favorite author study. I started small my first year teaching first grade. Then each year I slowly read different books and focused on different comprehension skills. Jan Brett books lend themselves to so many teachable moments. A few years ago, I sat down and put it all together. There are "ready to go" resources and center-type activities. 

Here is a picture I posted on Instagram showing some of the centers:

Here are the "ready-to-go" activities: 






Here is a little sample of this unit:

      

Click on the pictures to download. 

You can get this unit here:


4 comments:

  1. Books by Jan Brett are the best for wintertime read alouds!! I especially love the illustrations and how they can be used to make predictions throughout the story. Hope you are having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love Jan Brett. When I click on the sample page images, nothing happens. Is there a broken link, or are they not supposed to download? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, after I posted that, it worked. I must not have been holding my tongue just right the first 4 or 5 times I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you supposed to download? I am new to the sight and can only get the worksheets in the big spreadsheet? How can I download them individually?

    ReplyDelete