Sunday, November 9, 2014

November Closer Look Blog Hop FREEBIE Samplers

Hi everyone! 

I am teaming up with some great teacher bloggers to bring you another Take a Closer Look blog hop featuring one of our favorite November productsWe want to give you a closer look and a FREEBIE from the unit to try out with your class.

I wanted to give you a closer look at my Ready-to-Go Thanksgiving unit.

This is packed with tons of literacy activities that are common core-aligned! When I taught first grade, I used these for independent work, for assessments, for homework, during guided reading groups, and to practice certain skills. I also love having a few simple yet meaningful activities to use during the week of Thanksgiving that can be used during those "time filler" moments. We have Special Friends Day during this already short week, so there is always additional practices to prepare for it. I have several moments where I have to find something for my kids to do for 10 minutes. I don't want to waste my precious 10 minutes!! So I use an activity from this pack that I know will benefit my students and is not just fluff. There is phonics, reading comprehension, fluency activities, sight word activities, grammar, writing, and some Thanksgiving fact pages. It has it all!

Today I'm giving a little freebie sampler  from my unit!

Like it? Love it?

Gotta have it? 

We are throwing our stores 15% for the next two days to celebrate! 

And now, I'm sending you off to another amazing freebie! 

Hop on over to my blogging buddy's blog. Tamara from Mrs. Russell's Room is amazing! I'm a huge fan of hers! Head on over and see what wonderful freebie she has to offer. 


  1. Thanks for the freebies!! I can't wait to use them in my class!!

  2. What a fantastic Thanksgiving resource! Thank you so much for sharing! xo

  3. Wow, thank you so much! The Squanto passage will be put to use A.S.A,P!
    Jen :)