Monday, December 30, 2013

Kindergarten Literacy Center for January

Happy (almost) New Year! I've given up on resolutions. Too much hype, too little follow through. In general, I have a list of things that I'd like to improve upon though! I know we all still have one more week to relax before heading back to our classrooms, but in case you are starting to think ahead a bit...
I have some centers for you! This is my favorite kinder pack so far. It's bigger than the others for a few reasons. (I'll get to that later.)


First of all, there are 4 menus to choose from. Yep, 4! If you've been following me for a while or using these menus, you know that I started with 1st grade menus. 1st grade (and 2nd grade) menus both have the same 4 columns: reading, word work, sentence building, and writing. Kinder has those same categories in April and May (and probably will be for March). But, those would've been too difficult for kinders at the beginning of the year, so I made these categories: letters, word work, writing, and word sounds (syllables, rhymes, etc). Since it's January, I thought for some classes, it might be time to start transitioning over to the new menu. At the same time, I didn't want to make it too challenging. Every class is unique. So I decided to make a menu with different categories so you could choose which was best for your class at this point in the year. That means that this pack has 18 centers total! You could use the extra centers as whole class activities, small group activities, or early finisher activities. 



Word Work: 

Word Sounds


Writing: 


Sentence Building:


Reading:  

Letters:

Can you see why this is a new favorite? I hope so:) 


 


18 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Love the menu concept... Happy New Year! Nancyt1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This packet looks fun and engaging for my kinders to use!!! Your literacy centers are well-planned, well-organized and very thorough. I would love a copy to start them off in the New Year in my Daily 5 schedule.Thanks and take care
    Happy New Year
    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This packet looks amazing!!! I have K-2VE and they are on so many different levels that I could use this for all of them!!! Hope I win! Tehanit@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of your centers! Would love to win!

    rachelmd93@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the menu!!!!!! Looking for some fresh ideas for the new year and this would be a perfect addition! You have created some natural differentiation which I definitely need in my class! Thanks for sharing! Rebekahpetersen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My winter break has been busy!! I got a new dog the week before break! Sohave been spending tons of time with him and trying to train him! Let's say lots of puppy whining today! Thanks for this! dnll.brown@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fantastic!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! My kinders would love this! They loved all of the October activities! katienussbaum87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! I enjoyed reading a "for fun" book today and relaxing for most of the day. It was wonderful!

    Amanda
    hennonac@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so talented! I am having the best winter break ever- tons of relaxation (not enough blogging)! Hope you are having fun!
    xoxo
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super excited about this pack! I already have the first and second, but with the different levels of my first graders, I need the K pack as well! I used your December centers and fell in love as did the students; they are super excited to use these in January!!
    Jennifer
    mom25jenn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a great pack!

    Buffalobills8293@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this pack looks amazing! It's my birthday tomorrow so I don't know what's in store because my fiancé has promised surprises during the day. :-). I'll also be enjoying my two last days off before going back to work on Thursday. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great- I like the Menu idea. You did a lot of work on these centers, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the different choices in this Literacy Center packet.

    markntracey@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. your blog and TPT items have helped me with my transition back into the classroom after 9 years. Thank you! Happy New Year!! incorvaiadonna@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh! I love these! So cute! I hope you have a wonderful New Years :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really do teachers EVER take a break. We are out for two whole weeks and for the past few days I have been finding stuff for my classroom, reading about ways to teach my kinders better, blog hopping teacher blogs, perusing pinterest, and generally working on stuff for my classroom! LOL This pack looks awesome! As a new kinder teacher (moved from 5th!) I am always looking for a way to make Daily 5 "sane." My New Years resolution was to start allowing the students more choice but was trying to figure out how to hold them accountable. I love the menu board. It would work wonderfully and is differentiated for my unique learners. Thanks for offering it. dwbryant68@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete