Monday, October 28, 2013

Trick or Freebie Take Two

I'm back with another Halloween treat! Practice those short vowel sounds with this activity. It can be used as a center or with a small group. 

Each candy corn has a picture with the word missing its vowel. Students will sort the candy corn into the correct vowel bucket. I included a recording sheet with this one too:
Click on the pictures to get your treat!

Head on over to a Classy Collaboration to fill your bucket with many more goodies!

For more Halloween goodies:

For ready-to-go Halloween literacy:


  1. Are you on Instagram? I just used some of your materials & I wanted to tag you.

  2. Thanks for sharing! I'm a retired first grade teacher who volunteers at a school in Cicero, Illinois. I work mainly with the at risk students and enjoy many of your clever ideas.

  3. This is an adorable activity Sarah!

    Science for Kids Blog

  4. Effectively teaching elementary math to children aged 5 to 10 (Grade 1,Grade 2,Grade 3,Grade 4,Grade 5).Great for Homeschool kids! All math results are logged and graded and we show how they are improving through real-time hereGrade 4,Grade 5