Happy Saturday! Oh my goodness, our weather here in Portland, Oregon is beau-ti-ful!! This is so NOT normal. It's about 80 degrees in MAY!! I am loving life. My boys were at my dad's all night last night so my husband and I took full advantage. We just walked around and sat outside for some drinks. After school, since I didn't have any kids, I went downtown (which I love) and just walked around enjoying the people and the sunshine. But now I'm anxious to get my little boys back home to enjoy the weather WITH them.
Once again, I have some Five for Friday a day late. Will I ever get a Friday post in?
1. Loving these subtraction strategies flip books that we made this week. I have seen so much growth with their ability to add and subtract lately. They are really coming along.
2. We finished up our rock unit with some soil activities. Here' s a picture of one of them. We used the scientific method with this one.
You can download this freebie by clicking on the picture:
3. We finally started our fairy tale unit! This is one of my favorites. I am in the process of updating my Fairy Tale unit. There are so many things I want to do with my class, so I'm inspired to add to my unit. Hold tight, I hope to have it done soon! In the meantime, you can get tons of activities here.
4. We keep chuggin' along with activities from my spring pack. It's so cute, whenever I'm asking about the author's purpose or why the author did this or that, one of my students says, "You tell us Mrs. Paul, you're the author!" Gotta love her sense of humor. We had our Jog-a-Thon this week so we read a fiction and nonfiction reading passage with that theme. I have so many fond memories of my school jog-a-thons. I took it so seriously as a kid. I had to jog the whole time! My students are the same way. I'm shocked at how much they ran!
5. Better late than never. I've joined instagram. I'm still a little foggy about it. I'm so slow to catch on. I get it, you post pictures. Beyond that, I'm still catching up. I have a whopping two pictures but I'll be adding more. So... be a pal and follow me? :) http://instagram.com/sarahsnippets
Okay that's FIVE, but one more little thing. If you are a Facebook follower, I have one more little rock freebie for you. If you're not, head on over now by clicking on the picture.
Make sure you check our other Five for Friday posts!