First, here's a quick freebie for you all this morning. This comes from my Snowy Centers pack. (You can check that out way below). Click on the top picture to download this freebie.
I made three different options for words: short vowels, long vowels and short vowels with blends and digraphs.
Sorting Mats and student sheet:
There are so many cute hot cocoa related activities out there for those long winter months. I think a "hot cocoa day" would be perfect for those class rewards. Here are a few great products from fabulous bloggers: (click on the pictures to get to these products)
An adorable craftivity by Teri (a.k.a. Mrs. Cupcake)
Such a cute unit by Abby
And some sight word practice with these adorable wintery cards by Gladys.
Do you have any cute hot cocoa related ideas? Have you ever had a hot cocoa day or unit? I'd love to hear from you!
My Snowy Centers is basically a combination of everything snowy related from my literacy menus (mostly January and February first grade). One of these days I'll add in the second grade stuff too. If you already own those menus, there's no need to get this. But if you just want some wintry centers for your room and don't own those menus, this is just the thing. It's packed! I blogged about it last year but I've added to it since then.
I plan on making a Snowy Reader pack (similar to my Christmas Ready to Go pack). I hope to work on that over break. It will include a few things from here (the ready to go stuff like comprehension pages) and a bunch of other stuff. Here's hoping I find the time to make that!
Here's what's in the 179 page Snowy Centers pack:
- Read and Sequence (from January and February menu)
- Read, Think, Match (January)
- Read, Visualize, Draw (from January and February)
- Reading comprehension: Snowy Day, Polar Bear, and Molly's Snow Day
- 2 Make a Word (from January menu)
- Snowy Sounds (January)
- Slide a Word (February)
- Short or Long (from January menu)
- Contraction stack (December)
- Build a Sentence (from January menu)
- Fill a Verb (from February)
- Sentence Scrambler (from January)
- Match a Sentence (extra)
- Sentence Enders (question or statement): from February
- Snowy Inferences pages (extra)
- Snowy Words: real or nonsense (extra)
- Describe a picture (from February menu)
- Sentence writing (extra)
- Describe a snow globe (from January)
- Be an Author (from January menu)
- Story Starter (January)
- How to Build a Snowman (February)
- Rebuild a Poem (January and February)
Click on the buttons to get this pack: