Monday, November 19, 2012

A last minute Thanksgiving freebie

I know many of you are already on Thanksgiving break, but just in case there are more of you out there who have school through Wednesday, I have this little freebie to share. We've done a ton of activities to learn about Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving, but I haven't done much to learn about the Native Americans. Scholastic has some really cool stuff on their website. I wanted to do a little something to focus on Squanto. You could use the reading passage as a whole group lesson or with some of your higher readers during reading groups. You could use it with the main idea graphic organizer, or you could just read any ol' book about Squanto and use the graphic organizer on its own. I made two versions of the graphic organizer for you to choose from. Click on the pictures to download.



Last week, I did quite a few activities from my Thanksgiving unit. I only took a few pictures though. :(
 
These turned out pretty cute though. I love their drawings too! 





This week I'm also doing some activities from Gladys' Thanksgiving unit. I don't have much time, but I want to use the Thanksgiving booklet (and there are cards to act it out) and the Wampanoag KWL chart and were, are, did chart. There are so many cute activities to do and so little time! I need to start earlier next year. Thanksgiving sort of snuck up on me! 



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie! It is exactly what I need for my students! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great freebie! Thanks so much! I ran across this too late to use this year, but this is a DEFINITE for next year! It is a great way to introduce informational writing to my first graders! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    Mary

    Oceans Of Fun In Grade 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Those are all super cute! I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving..thanks for sharing! :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete