Friday, March 16, 2012

Fairy Tale Literacy Pack

 I LOVE teaching fairy tales. I had too many ideas floating around in my head, so I put them together in this little pack.

Here's a preview of what's inside:

5 fairy tale character analysis and a blank one
graphics © www.thistlegirldesigns.com

2 copies of this sheet (one as shown and one with blank speech bubbles for students to write in)


Hansel and Gretel problem solution sheets

Read and Sequence: Jack and the Beanstalk 
T Chart: comparing 3 Little Pigs and The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig


graphics by scrappindoodles


2 Cause and effect 
clip art: http://pattonspatch.blogspot.com/ and scrappindoodles

Here's My Side of the Story page: After reading The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, discuss possible excuses that the "bad" characters in other stories would have. Also a writing prompt attached.

Read, Visualize, Draw

Fill A Verb center: 12 sentence strips with matching verbs and student sheet.

Slide a Sentence (below is the outside of the slider, student sheet and 3 sliders)

clipart from thistlegirddesigns



3 Little Pigs Venn (and a blank venn and ideas for blank venn with book suggestions)


Cinderella T chart to compare versions of Cinderella (with book suggestions)


 3 fairy tale book report pages to use with any fairy tale

Flip a Fairy Tale writing prompt


2 graphic organizers

borders: kpmdoodles






If you did not buy my March menu, you may consider getting the pack which includes all of the above items and these additional items:

3 post office (writing letters to fairy tale characters giving them advice)


Read, Think, match (read descriptions and match to fairy tale character)
read and Sequence: Goldilocks


Mix a Fairy Tale: choose setting, good character and bad character cards to mix and write a fairy tale


You can get this pack (with everything shown) HERE.






10 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm actually working on some literacy and math centers focused on fairy tales...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I can't wait to check it out on TPT. Cute!!!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you post a link to your TPT store. I prefer purchases there. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Gladys, can't wait to check yours out! I just uploaded it to TPT so it's all linked up. :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, it looks great, Sarah! I like teaching Fairy Tales, too.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great!!

    Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! So glad you could use my graphics! :)

    Thanks for mentioning me.

    Colleen Patton
    Mrs. Patton’s Patch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah,

    Your resources look fantastic! I'm a teacher in Australia and would love to be able to buy your fairytales literacy pack, however need it as soon as possible. Is there a way I can download it and still pay you, rather than having it sent?

    Thanks for the great ideas!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen,

      Please send me your email address.:)

      Thanks,

      Sarah

      Delete
  9. That last link takes them to MY TpT store where I have a fairy tale pack, but it's not the one you referenced. I had a buyer upset with their purchase of MY product because you have it linked here. Can you please fix it....

    ReplyDelete