Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekly Behavior sheet

I recently started using this weekly behavior sheet. I saw a similar idea posted on a fabulous blog a while back, but I can't remember which one! (If you know, please tell me so I can post a link.)

 
clipart by scrappindoodles


I send it home every Friday. I realized that I needed to be very specific about what behaviors I was seeing in class. These are the main ones that my students needed to work on. Parents really appreciate the communication and have a clear idea of how their child is in class. If there is an issue that arrises that is not on this sheet, I simply write a note on the back.


You can download this here. (I've updated it since this original post and added some more.)

There are two per page to save paper. :) I made a couple of different versions for you all to choose from.

I also made a daily sheet for my students whose parents need daily communication. I have two students using a daily sheet this year because they are really working on improving their work traits and behavior. I usually add little notes on the back if I need to be more specific.

clipart by Thistlegirldesigns

You can take this even further and have each student choose a skill/behavior from this sheet and set a goal. For example, if a student is extra chatty, they may choose "talks at appropriate times" for their goal. If they get a 3 or a 4 for that week, maybe they get a sticker or a something special at home (if you have parents that are pretty involved and willing). Here are some incentive coupons that you can pass along to parents who are interested. It totally depends on the parents and the students. 
Click on the picture to download.

clip art by Thistlegirl, kpm doodles and graphics factory.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I am going to start using this. My class needs a report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo fabulous! The one I'm currently using is a monthly report and I really like the idea of having a weekly report with the behavior goals :) Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great night!

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your behavior check sheet is wonderful! I'm going to use it on a few of my friends who are trying to push some buttons lately! :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your behavior report. Do you require parents to sign and return it? Do you keep a record of your progress reports? If so, how?

    Thanks,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete